Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

This week's aha - I am capable of getting this house looking decent. (see accomplishment below). For the longest time I felt I was just inadequate in this area - but I'm realizing I've been held back by factors outside of me. If I push past those factors, I can do it. I also learned I need to plan in resting time. My body gets sick if I push it beyond what it is supposed to do. Not a fun lesson to learn.

This week's regret- not really a regret - but I didn't go into my classroom at all this week of vacation, so I'll be in a crunch tomorrow morning to get things done. I have parent teacher conferences to get ready for, a homework packet to put together and newsletter to print. It'll be a minimum day, and I have recess duty - so it'll be an early morning for me.

This week's accomplishment - I got a big chunk of house cleaning and decorating done. Actually it took me two holiday weekends to do it in - but I got the hallway painted (finished), I got a dumpster full of stuff from the garage hauled off (not the whole garage cleaned, but now there is room for the truck to park in there), took 2 loads of stuff in the truck to the thrift store trailer, had repair guys come can take care of a couple things, got my kitchen cabinet tops clean off of junk (including 2 inch thick dust) and then decorated the area, moved the computer out of the living room into it's own space elsewhere and then rearranged the living room so it now looks livable, and got Ronni's room clean out and decorated.
I'm on a count down to get this house in tip top shape for Christmas 2011 when I host my extended family here. I want to replace flooring and finish painting the rest of the house (and declutter/decorate). I know I'm starting early - but one of the factors that slows me down is my husband freaking out over my spending money on the house. I have to start early so I can spread it out comfortably for him. He got rather nervous over this last couple weeks. I'll have to be a little gentler on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment